Here’s how to create custom web page bookmark icons for your iPhone’s home screen.
1. Make your custom icon by creating a 114 x 114 pixel graphic image at 72 pixels/inch. Just make it a simple square — the iOS will round the corners and add a nice reflection effect.
2. Save the graphic in PNG format with the name: iphone-touch-icon.png
3. Upload this image to the root directory of your web site.
4. Now on your iPhone, open the web page you want to bookmark in Safari. Touch the middle button at the bottom of the screen, then touch Add to Home Screen.
5. Give it a name then touch the Add button.
6. That’s it! Your custom icon will now appear on your iPhone home screen.