The Town of Amherst Highway Department offers a free drop-off for electronic waste (e-waste) at their North Forest Road location. They are open from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. seven days a week.
- IMPORTANT: You must be an Amherst resident to take advantage of their e-waste recycling service.
- As of February 2016, television sets are no longer accepted for drop-off at this location.
- If you have an old TV you’d like to dispose of, call the Highway Department at (716) 631-7117 to schedule a pickup at your house.
- Typically they will pick up your old TV curbside on your regular garbage day during the last week of a given month.
- Types of Acceptable Materials
E-Waste Dropoff Location
Go to the Amherst Highway Department garage at 1042 N Forest Rd., Williamsville, NY 14221 and pull into the main entrance.
As you approach the end of the entrance road you’ll see a bright yellow sign: Report to Dispatch Before Dumping. Follow these yellow signs to the main dispatch building. There is no charge to drop off e-waste for Amherst residents. You’ll need to show them an ID before directing you to the nearby e-waste drop-off shed.
Place your e-waste items inside the clearly marked Electronics Recycling shed.