There’s an easy and free way to download a YouTube video to your computer’s hard drive. You can then view it later or perhaps use it in a PowerPoint or Keynote presentation when you don’t have access to the internet. Here’s one method:
1. If you don’t have the Firefox browser, download your free copy.
2. After starting the Firefox application:
- Go to Tools > Add-ons
- Click the Get Add-ons tab
- Search for “youtube video downloader” — you should find Easy YouTube Video Downloader
- Click “Add to Firefox…”
- After installation, restart Firefox and review the instructions on the page that appears.
3. Find your YouTube video
4. Download your video! You’ll see links added below the video with different download options.
- FLV (Flash Video) - Original video format
- MP4 - 480×360
- 3GP - 320×240
- HD (if available) - 1280×720
- FULL HD (if available) - 1920×1080