If you take one of the COVID-19 vaccines:
- It will effectively eliminates the risk of Covid death.
- It nearly eliminates the risk of hospitalization.
- It will drastically reduce your the ability to infect somebody else.
There were about 75,000 individuals combined who participated in the vaccine trials for the Moderna, Pfizer, Novavax, Astra-Zeneca, and J&J vaccines. Of those::
- ZERO were hospitalized for COVID
- ZERO died from COVID
- ZERO died from the vaccine
But why are some people reluctant to get the COVID vaccine? They say:
- Vaccines aren’t 100% effective.
- Vaccinated people may still be contagious.
- The vaccine might not work as well on virus variants.
- You can’t throw away your mask even after you’ve been vaccinated. So why bother?
Bottom line: COVID vaccines are safe and extremely effective. Get it when you’re able to.
Underselling the Vaccine https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/18/briefing/donald-trump-pardon-phil-spector-coronavirus-deaths.html
Covid Vaccine Canvas https://www.invisibly.com/insights/covid-vaccine-canvas
‘I don’t actually care about infections:’ It matters more that all vaccines eliminated deaths https://www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/2021/02/02/ashish-jha-vaccine-efficacy-infections-deaths